The curriculum envisages individualized learning acumen and seeks to explore the potential of students in acquiring substantial acknowledgement and skills through academic rigors. With greater academic orientation and research skills in core academic areas, students would evolve as judicious young adults with a sense of real self-estimate having true values and principles
The Curriculum prescribed by VPS strives to :
- Provide ample scope for physical, intellectual and social development of students.
- Nurture Life-Skills by prescribing curricular and co-curricular activities to help improve self-esteem, empathy towards others and different cultures etc.
- Integrate innovations in pedagogy, knowledge and application, such as human sciences with technological innovations to keep pace with the global trends in various disciplines.
- Promote inclusive education by providing equal opportunities to all students.
- Integrate environmental education in various disciplines from classes I-XII.
- Equally emphasize Co-scholastic areas of Art Education and Health and Physical Education.
Our Curriculum aims to :
- Achieve cognitive, affective and psychomotor excellence;
- Enhance self-awareness and explore innate potential;
- Attain mastery over laid down competencies;
- Imbibe 21st century learning, literacy and life skills;
- Promote goal setting, and lifelong learning;
- Inculcate values and foster cultural learning and international understanding in an interdependent society
- Acquire the ability to utilize technology and information for the betterment of humankind;
- Strengthen knowledge and attitude related to livelihood skills;
- Develop the ability to appreciate art and show case talents;
- Promote physical fitness, health and well-being.
- Promote arts integrated learning.
The time table in the school takes care of proper rest and intake of healthy foods and the children learn subjects with relaxation. The surroundings and daily life activities and situations are the best experiential teachers for the students. Here, at VPS teachers make efforts to draw examples and group activities from daily life observations within the classroom/within the school and surroundings, and encourages presentations and reflection by the students once the activity is completed, to develop the skills of critical thinking and communication.
Children learn a lot through peer learning. To promote peer learning, flexible seating arrangements are made available during the classroom transactions.
Learning should focus on individual differences and promote collaborative learning. The classroom activities are connected to the immediate environment of children. The school maintains a connection with the parents and the progress of children are communicated to the parents, and, if needed remedial measures are taken up for improving the learning outcomes.
Creating Cross-Curricular Linkages Creating cross-curricular linkages are vital to learning as they help to connect prior knowledge with new information.
The need of the hour is that schools must focus on enhancing the skills required for a successful adult life in 21st Century. Holding a conception that It is important for the students to think scientifically, mathematically or artistically to face the real-life challenges in an information and technology driven world and enhance their inherent potential, VPS prepares their students for future-ready and also for becoming a holistic learner.